MORE FEDERAL RAIDS TO SWEEP HUMBOLDT AND MENDOCINO COUNTIES
RUMORS OF MORE FEDERAL RAIDS
Photo from website http://www.judiciaryreport.com
This Just In From Heraldo………….
The Humboldt Herald has received multiple reports of planned federal marijuana raids that will target the Tooby Ranch subdivision in Southern Humboldt. Do the rumors have any teeth? Time will tell, but just like last time, people are reportedly making arrangements just in case. Murmurs from the grapevine also suggest the feds are feeling the black eye from the relatively small net they got from Operation Southern Sweep. Last month 450 agents flooded Humboldt County and only walked away with some 16,000 plants. In contrast, Humboldt County’s own Drug Task Force makes busts that size or larger on a semi-regular basis without help from a federal army. READ THE REST HERE>>>
FBI LOWERS STANDARDS FOR MARIJUANA SMOKERS
The FBI is desperate lowering its standards for job application requirements, accepting potheads individuals who beam up have had marijuana issues:
FBI drug standard lowered for hiring
Under the FBI’s revised drug policy, applicants are disqualified if they have used:
• Any illegal drug, other than marijuana, within the past 10 years or used marijuana for more than just “experimentation.”
• Marijuana within the past three years or for a substantial period of time.
WASHINGTON — Aspiring FBI agents who once dabbled in marijuana use won’t be barred from getting a job with the elite crime-fighting agency, which has loosened its drug policy amid a campaign to hire hundreds of agents.
The bureau’s pot-smoking standard, in place for at least 13 years, was revised after internal debate about whether the policy was eliminating prospects because of drug experimentation, said Jeff Berkin, deputy director of the FBI’s Security Division. The policy disqualified candidates if they had used marijuana more than 15 times.
Story found here
BORDER GUARDS HELPING TO SMUGGLE COCAINE
MONTREAL — The border guard’s alleged job in the smuggling ring was to just look the other way as the midnight shipment of Colombian cocaine slipped through his post into Canada.
James Munro, a 26-year-old border agent posted to the Saint-Bernard-de-Lacolle, Que., crossing, is charged with corruption in addition to the drug importation and conspiracy accusations facing seven other alleged smugglers. The RCMP accuse Mr. Munro of tipping a drug ring – including childhood friends in his hometown of Hemmingford, Que. – when he was due for a shift as the sole border guard during slow overnight hours. Police set up a sting last Saturday to import 51 kilograms of cocaine through Mr. Munro’s crossing. “Mr. Munro would advise his partners in crime when he would be working at a certain time of the day at a certain booth,” RCMP Staff Sergeant André Potvin said yesterday. “His role, although limited, was very important for that criminal element.”- READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE HERE